Even though Google Docs is good, but nothing can parallel the standards of Microsoft Word! When it comes to placing words for digital space, all the writers use Microsoft Words to compile their articles, blogs, research papers, books and so on. But do you know how to effective use this decades old program? The fact is that most of us continue using it in the same way for years. We are now programmed to use it in just the way we have learned it and do not innovative or make an effort to learn the shortcuts.
But do you know that if you are away about MS Word shortcuts, you can save significant amount of time and escape the hassle of looking for various keys and symbols? Interested? Read on to know the MS Word Shortcuts that will make your life easier!
- Alt +F4- Closing the program
- Ctrl + W- Closing the current document
- Ctrl + Enter- Inserting page break
- Ctrl + Y- Redoing the last action
- Ctrl + 5- Setting 1.5-line spacing
- Ctrl + 1- Setting single line spacing
- Ctrl + 2- Setting double line spacing
- Alt + Shift + W- Underlining the selected words, excluding the spaces included in the selection
- Ctrl + F- Opening the search box in the navigation panel
- Ctrl + Backspace- Deleting one word to the left
- Ctrl + K- Inserting a hyperlink for the selected text
- Ctrl + F1- Displaying or hiding the Ribbon
- Ctrl + End- Moving the cursor to the end of the document
- Ctrl + Home- Moving the cursor to the beginning of the document.
- Ctrl + Spacebar- Resetting highlighted text to the default font
- Ctrl + Shift + F12- Printing the document
- Alt + Shift + D- Inserting the current date
- Alt + Shift + T- Inserting the current time
- Ctrl + Shift + F6- For moving to another open Microsoft Word document
- F7- Checking the Spelling and grammar of the selected text and/or document
- Shift + F7- Running a Thesaurus check on the highlighted word
- Alt + Ctrl + F2- Opening a new document
- Ctrl + F2- Displaying the print preview
Congratulations! Now you know the different MS Word shortcuts. You can effectively use them to your advantage and ensure easy use of MS Word!